My balls are special.

posted on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013



Growing up, we always had steel cut oatmeal as a breakfast option. I remember other kids getting to annihilate their cereals with sugar on top. I was kinda jealous at the time... kinda. The reason it wasn't a sad start to the day for us is because we got my mom's "special topping". Super uncreative name, but it was a super delicious, sweet alternative for topping our oatmeal. I don't eat much oatmeal anymore, but I still crave Special Topping. So I thought, what's better than topping? Well the answer is balls. Actual balls, not like, "Ah Balls!" Everything is better in ball format. Hence the Special Balls were born. 









Ingredients:
1 cup of raw almonds
1 cup of raw sunflower seeds
1 cup of raisins (golden or regular)
1 cup of shredded coconut
1/2 cup pecans or any other nut you so desire
Roughly 1 cups of almond butter
1 Tbsp of vanilla
1 tsp of sea salt
1 Tbsp of honey (optional)

Do it:

I made my balls mix in the blender, but I actually prefer the food processor. Pulse the almonds in the food processor until coarsely chopped. Add the raisins and the sunflower seeds. Pulse until they are all medium to finely chopped. (Now you have Special Topper, done!) Or, make balls: Add the pecans. Combine the nut/raisin mixture and the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. I prefer to combine everything with my hands. The mixture can get crazy sticky, but if you have a little coconut flour, you can add it in small spoonfuls so it's workable. Roll the mixture into bite size balls as big or small as you like and refrigerate them so they harden. Eat those balls! Yum.

2 comments:

  1. I'm addicted to balls. Oh I could go on and on here, Mo :) I'll have to give your recipe a try. They look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! I'd love the recipe to your balls I had at Easter. Your balls are delicious.

      Delete

Mosey's Kitchen All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger